I know that is a pretty big title, but they really are. Bonus they are yeast free too!
So if you are new here just know that if I post a recipe I promise to not talk about my life, or my dogs or goats or the weather. I am going to get to the recipe!
Gluten Free Everything Bagels
Adapted from Mama Knows Gluten Free
Ingredients: * 1 Tbs Organic Sugar
* 2 1/4 C warm water (around 110 degrees F) * 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
* 1/2 Tbs baking soda
* 3 1/2 C Gluten Free Flour ( I used this one and yes it is VERY important to have a good flour! This is the best I have ever used! https://store.outrageousbaking.com/)
* 3 Tbs Psyllium husk powder
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 Tbs Light Brown Sugar
* 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 C melted butter (cooled slightly)
* 1/4 C honey
* 2 eggs ( 1 whole and white of another used for brushing the bagels before baking)
* 1 Tbs water
* Everything Bagel Seasoning
preheat oven to 425 degrees F
1) In a mixing bowl (stand up if you have one) add in the sugar and warm water. Mix till sugar is dissolved then add in the lemon juice, and baking powder. It will be bubbly and no need to let it sit as you would with yeast.
2) Add in the flour, psyllium powder, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar to the mix. Mix on low speed for roughly a couple of minutes. It is best to use a dough hook in your mixer. Next add in the melted butter and apple cider vinegar. Add in the honey and 1 whole egg and mix for another 3-4 minutes. Should be a stiff yet sticky dough.
3) Move the dough over to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut into 8-9 equal parts and form into a ball and make a hole in the center and form your bagel shape. No need to let them rise either at this point!
4) Bring a pot of 2 qts of water to a boil. Using a slotted spoon dip one bagel at a time into the boiling water for roughly 30 seconds. Place on your baking sheet and move to the next step. Do this for each bagel.
5) Mix your egg white from your second egg and 1 tbs of water in a bowl and blend up. Brush the top of your bagel with this mixture and sprinkle on your Everything Bagel seasoning.
6) Bake for 10 minutes and turn the baking sheet around and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until nice and golden brown on top. You want to make sure they are baked all the way through (around 180 degrees).
These can be frozen!